Friday, August 28, 2009

This is actually polite in different countries...

So, the other night Jeff and I were having dinner. Well, actually, Jeff was eating and I was feeding Daniel. After having a very casual dinner, Jeff took a big swig of his drink and let out a very large belch...(by the way, this is definitely not customary for us... :) Daniel immediately looked up at his dad, shocked, might I add, and smiled the biggest grin I have ever seen. Now, what followed was probably the most hilarious thing that I have seen yet. Daniel, too, had just finished a big swig, and proceeded the smile with an even bigger belch than his dad's. I could not believe it. We all broke out in laughter. My son had just beat his dad, straight up, in his first ever belching war. So proud. Yep, I definitely had a boy!

3 comments:

Andrea and Preston said...

That is such a cute picture of Daniel! I hope you guys are doing great! If we ever come to DC we will have to get together!
-Andrea

lisa said...

Ok, this is pretty hilarious. Who knew such big things could come from such a little body? (are yall still in DC? Ryan's job hunting a bit out there--it'd be so fun to be neighbors some day...)

Julie said...

I know this post is old and not at all about your birthday but Happy Birthday today (Aug 16, 2010)! We love and miss you!