Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Five Bucks, Five Bucks...Way Cheap!


Jeff's last day here we went to my grandfather's auction. My wonderful grandfather passed away just before Daniel died, and we finally were able to gather his things together and auction them off. Now for those of you who have never been to an auction...it is quite entertaining. Jeff and I got there (Payson) to my grandfather's home and just about died. The front lawn was covered with his things, rows and rows of chairs and tents, speakers, trailers, and a port-a-potty....yes, a port-a-potty. I couldn't help but laugh and think to myself, "I wonder what grandpa thinks of all this?" I am sure he would have laughed. Now, I did gather those things that were most important to me before the auction, so I didn't feel bad auctioning off the extra "things" that he had.
The auctioneer was hilarious with his...gimme a five, a five, a five,....anyone take this for five...way cheap, never before, super lucky....a five, oh we got a five...gimme a ten....way cheap...a ten...Jeff and I couldn't help but just listen and laugh. Quite the experience. We stayed for 3 hours just listening and laughing. Before leaving, I told my mom that I wanted her to bid on one of grandma's old quilts...I know, you say, why didn't I just take it?...don't ask...long story...so I asked my mom to buy back a quilt for me. She called 20 minutes later and told me she not only purchased a quilt, but grandpa's dresser, and curio cabinet. Hahahahaha. I love buying back my own stuff. I used to do that at garage sales too...put out my clothes for 25 cents...then buy them back because I thought they were so cute. Anyway, now we have a dresser for Daniel. I love it, and will think of my dear grandpa everytime I use it.

1 comment:

Jill D. said...

Daniel is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. This picture of you with a quilt is adorable. Don't take this the wrong way but you look like your 10 in it. I love it! Kind of reminds me of our childhood for some reason.