Saturday, July 11, 2009

Adventures in Motherhood

Now, I don't have a picture of this one...rightfully so...it is just a good lesson learned. I went grocery shopping tonight by myself. Now I hate to have to make more than one run back to the car when unloading the groceries, so I did it all in one run. This meant I had to carry Daniel in one arm, and all the groceries in the other while locking car doors and opening the apartment door. Not easy. Well, I was wearing the shorts that I purchased right after I had Daniel...I have lost a little weight since then...my story continues. It was about 6:30 PM and all the neighbors were out doing yard work. As I made my way to the apartment (baby steps might I add, so that I wouldn't drop anything), I could feel my pants starting to fall. However, with my arms full, and my determination not to make another run, I ignored the minor inconvenience. Step by step, they fell even further. I started walking as fast as I could. By the time I made it to the apartment door, my shorts were almost all the way down my behind. I am sure someone saw, but come on...I have to get a "pass" for being a mom. Quite the adventure this motherhood thing!

2 comments:

Andrea and Preston said...

oh my that is so funny!

Unknown said...

that was so funny lex..so was it hard being a Mom with all those stuffs that ya have to do inside the house.? im going to be a Mother soon, i hope i can make it.. you've always been amazing in whatever you do even when we were still missionaries so no wonder now that you can do all those things very good.. that's why youre my idol..go lex!